Monday, January 18, 2010

Snowball

I don't know what to do with myself anymore. Everyone here is down and depressed about the status of things here with the crew. With the passing of Eclipse and Laa Laa and now Cera noone is really speaking much. Mum is trying to put on her happy vasad but it's obvious to me that she isn't. Her oldest biped is about to turn 5 and shes panning a party for him. It's going to be on this Saturday which is cool because it means I get to spend the weekend at my Aunts with my brother Tristin. So that's a positive I am looking forward to playing with him and the rest of my brothers siblings. My Aunt has 7 dogs -- all Huskys!! Yes that's a total of 8 huskys all under one roof!! Good times!

Things are scattered and all over the place at best. The whole crew is aloof. Dad came home with a big surprise yesterday. He brought home a bunny rabbit. Yes, A rabbit this is supposed to be a dwarf rabbit. To which mum says she is doubtful it is. Mum wasn't exactly thrilled about the concept of a bunny coming to live with us. But dad said it was a "foster rabbit" that would only stay till mum could find her a suitable home. A friend of our family's was going to dump this bunny off at a shelter who was going to euthanize it. She is currently only 6 months old. (The owner said the didn't if it was a he/she. So mum sexed it and it's a she.) So dad said no we would take it in till mum could find it (her) a home. Hence how Snowball because part of the zoo crew. Or at least for now a part of the zoo crew. . .

Mum is still swearing shes only a foster. But I know otherwise, I know my mum. Aside from that Snowball looks just like mums childhood rabbit Cuddles. So the lucky bunny hit the jackpot! Mum introduced her to fresh veggies and she loves them. I don't think her previous parents gave her much in the means of the creature comforts like we are accustomed to. But she will learn just as we did. ;-)

Mum was NOT happy about the rabbits (now named Snowball) living conditions. Her cage was tiny, dirty and they had kitty litter in her litter pan. They sent her with plenty of hay, a bowl full of food, and moldy chew sticks and treats. I mean come on -- seriously -- Not in this house!! So dad, mum and the bipeds went out last night and spend money on new things for the "foster bunny". The only thing mum didn't pick out was a new cage for her yet. She claimed she "didn't like any the store had" "None were big enough for her.".

Dad has already joking told mum to stop kidding herself that he knows Snowball isn't going anywheres. He said our house is like the catch all for all unwanted/unloved critters. To which mum replies and this is a bad thing how?? Then dad says "I didn't say it was a bad thing darling." So yeah I am putting my money on the fact that Snowball is going to become a perminate member of the zoo crew. But that part I guess it to be continued. . . .

I have enclosed a few pics of her for all your enjoyment. ;-) Hope you like em.

XoXo
Quincy













6 comments:

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

That bunny is pretty cute. Do you get some carrots when Snowball gets carrots? I love to snack on carrots and I recently discovered cabbage. Yum!

Steve

Mud Monster said...

Yeah shes cute - I guess. Yes mum gives me carrots. Been gettin them for a while as mum gives them to all the critters. I like em a lot. I also like broccoli and cauliflower too. Have u ever had those Steve? Cabbage -- have to make a mental note to bug mum for some of that when she dishes it out to the critters. Thanks.


Quincy

The Army of Four said...

I could sit and stare at Snowball allllllll day long!
That's cool that you get to go spend some time with Tristan!!! Have a blast, buddy!
Play bows,
Zim

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Quincy - we think you are furry smart and that this Snowball is here to stay. We like carrots and lettuce, does that make us part bunny too?

Woos, the OP Pack

Sally Ann and Andy said...

The bunny is cute. Have you brought any veggies to her yet? The bunnies at my Mommy's school love apples.
Sally Ann

Khady Lynn said...

Hmmmm, not sure that bunny would last long at our house! I hope you will be a good boy Quincy! I think Snowball will be good to help your mommy's heart heal after such sad losses.

Holly